About Me

My photo
A Peoploid from a mountain called Freecloud

Friday 31 December 2010

...in which I am hopeful

Happy New Year's Eve people :) I hope 2011 is a good year for everyone. I'm feeling quite good about it myself, despite the alarming rate at which it looms closer.

Here are my resolutions;

1. Be healthier (including taking vitamins)
2. Carry on learning Greek
3. Be more organised
4. Become a beekeeper
5. Keep playing badminton


And here is the obligatory end of year meme;

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?

Flew a plane. Cooked risotto.


2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't think I made any for this year. I have some good ones for 2011...


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope, but there's a lot of babies due next year.


4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, thankfully.


5. What countries did you visit?

None.


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

A place on a PGCE course. More money.


7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

No specific dates, just periods of epic fun times.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Being the bigger person.


9. What was your biggest failure?

Wasting money.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

The return of my abscess, a couple of chest infections and massive hayfever sufferage.


11. What was the best thing you bought?

Boots <3.


12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

My friends, my family, and my in-laws. Just for all being lovely and amazing.


13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

I can't name names, but nothing serious.


14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent, petrol, food. Thrilling :).


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Christmas.


16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Take That - The Flood
Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me
Stereo Love - Edward Maya featuring Vika Jigulina


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. Thinner or fatter? The same I think.
iii. Richer or poorer? Poorer.


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Travelling and writing.


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Working and worrying.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent it with family.


21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?

At two house parties :).


22. Did you fall in love in 2010?

No, I was already in love.


23. How many one-night stands?

None.


24. What was your favourite TV program?

Two and a Half Men, X Factor.


25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No.


26. What was the best book you read?

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Eh, I don't think I discovered much this year.


28. What did you want and get?

I wanted a nice Christmas, and I got it.


29. What did you want and not get?

A massive Lottery win.


30. What was your favourite film of this year?

Inception was amazing, Deathly Hallows also brilliant. I also re-discovered how awesome The Mummy is.


31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I went to work on my birthday and then out for a nice meal. But on the weekend before I had cocktails with my favourite people :). Oh, and I was 23.


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A cat.


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Haha, it has no name.


34. What kept you sane?

Escapism.


35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

David Tennant.


36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The whole election was very interesting.


37. Who did you miss?

The friends I didn't see often enough.


38. Who was the best new person you met?

Ginette and Jenny (new peepz in my department at work).


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

Worrying gets you nowhere.


40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Nooooo, I'm having a total blank right now. Something optimistic and lovely :).

No comments:

Post a Comment