About Me

My photo
A Peoploid from a mountain called Freecloud

Monday 12 January 2009

...in which I consider a career change (sorta)

"I hadn't been out to the hives before, so to start off she gave me a lesson in what she called 'bee yard ettiquette'. She reminded me that the world really was one big bee yard, and the same rules worked fine in both places: Don't be afraid, as no life-loving bee wants to sting you. Still, don't be an idiot; wear long sleeves and long pants. Don't swat. Don't even think about swatting. If you feel angry, whistle. Anger agitates, while whistling melts a bee's temper. Act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't. Above all, send the bees love. Every little thing wants to be loved."

This is a passage I saw today in the book I'm currently reading. As someone who loves bees, I had to restrain myself from squeeing out loud when I read it.

This is my first blog as a 22 year old :)

I had an awesome birthday weekend, thanks to my beautiful amazing friends and my fantabulous boyfriend. I got to go see Stomp with John and then we went for a gorgeous Italian for dinner. It was so yum.

Today I've been doing the Learning Support thang. I met my student for the first time and actually managed to start doing my job and feeling like I've done some good to someone. Was cool. And lunch with Suzy to discuss all manner of important things. Like whether David Bowie got birthday cake on his birthday.

Now I'm home, clinging onto a cup of tea with one hand and franticly typing with the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment