About Me

My photo
A Peoploid from a mountain called Freecloud

Tuesday 10 August 2010

... in which I hope I'm at least a little coherant

INCEPTION FTW!

Ooh la la, I was absolutely blown away.

And it was doubly nice because it followed a delicious meal with John.

The beginning of my evening contained a little bit of fail however. I began at Ann's house where the three of us - Nas included - baked some brownies and then got into a couple of lengthy discussions (at least one was about brownies) which made me late leaving to get back to Ruislip.

When I finally got around to leaving, the deadly combination of rush hour and chubby rain meant that I pulled out of her road into gridlock. Excellent.

But that shouldn't have been a problem, after all I'm a very patient person *snort* and I've stomached many a traffic jam before. Except that Baby (my car) was pretty much running on empty and my nifty petrol button was telling me I had 7 miles of petrol left in the tank.

That number fell to 6 before I'd moved even ten yards. At one point (not much further on) it fell to 4 and I'd barely moved in the last 10 minutes, so I began to get frantic and I resorted to something I'd not done since the days of driving my Polo.

I patted the dashboard and offered words of encouragement. And I'm not saying that my car has ears or anything, but I did get to the nearest petrol station in time :)

Happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment